Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just had to post this, as no one here had a good recipe for it. This is my most treasured recipe, as everyone that tasted it said it was the best ever. it is a must have in Ramadan.
- 1 lb phyllo dough (konafah)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 kg banana, cut to thin circles
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of, squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the syrup by stirring the sugar, water and lemon juice over medium heat until thick.
- Mix the konafah with the butter, rub together.
- Grease an oven dish place half mixture of konafah evenly.
- Put the bananas next to each other, cover with the sugar.
- Add the rest of konafah.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until slightly golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and immediately pour the syrup over the hot Konafa.
- For a change, I sometimes mix coarsely ground pistachio nuts with grated coconut & raisins instead of the bananas.
Thank you this recipe gave me a A+ on my Geo. project!!!