Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 lb konafah
- 1 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄4 lb walnuts
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 lb coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- --------Preparationof Syrup-------------.
- Add sugar to water, stir on mild-heat stove until dissolve.
- Add lemon juice and boil for 30- 45 minutes using minimum heat until it gets viscous and thick.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add vanilla.
- ------Preparationof the nuts----------.
- Convert the nuts to small particle in the size of sesame seeds.
- Mix with coconuts and cinnamon.
- --------Preparationof Konafoh ----------.
- Use 9 x I I inch tray; coat all sides of the tray with butter Mix konafah with molten butter.
- To do so, try to divide it to small pieces to be mixed with butter.
- After mixing, divide konafah into two equal quantities.
- Spread the first half of konafah in the tray and try to press it and make its surface even.
- Spread the nuts mixture over it.
- Then, add and spread the second half.
- Press it with f-ingers, makes its surface even.
- Add the remainder amount of butter on the surface evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven (325 f) for about 20 minutes until the lower surface of kanafah turned into golden color.
- Turn the oven to broil until the upper surface turned into golden color.
- Sooner, remove it from the oven.
- Add the cold syrup to it evenly.
- Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Allow it cool.
- · Divide it into a 12 equal pieces.
I love Kunafah and so familure with it and this tasted no where near.