Recipe by gailanng
This has been around for a while, a recreation of Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort. The addition of smoked almonds thrill me. If Asian pears are not available, you can substitute fresh peaches, strawberries, or other berries. Chill your salad bowls. It makes for a much better salad.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a delicious salad with the pears, blue cheese and almonds. Of course, the dressing really makes this salad with the fresh orange juice and rice wine vinegar. I used oranges from my neighbor's tree and it made the dressing so light and fresh. Will definitely keep this salad recipe handy as it will compliment a number of different dishes.
- 3 unpeeled Asian pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2129.31 ml spring greens (1 pound bag) or 2129.31 ml gourmet mixed salad greens (1 pound bag)
- 236.59 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 177.44 ml smoked almonds, chopped in large pieces
- 88.74 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml canola oil or 118.29 ml mild-flavored vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml coarse salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper