Recipe by echo echo
A dessert incorporating Hawaii's wonderful kona coffee. You can substitute kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur for the chocolate liqueur if you prefer. Preparation time includes chilling times; active preparation time is actually very short.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups kona strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat okay)
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao or 2 tablespoons other chocolate liqueur
- chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water 5 minutes.
- Heat coffee with sugar, salt and gelatin mixture over low heat, stirring until sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- Chill to the consistency of an unbeaten egg white, then beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in sour cream and liqueur.
- Pour into dessert glasses and chill at least 3 hours until firm.
- Sprinkle with nuts before serving.