Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
These chicken thighs are so yummy and easy to make! Perfect for busy weeknights. Just get the spices together the night before, allow the thighs to marinate over-night, and voila -- no need to worry about tomorrow's dinner. I love the spicy and smoky flavors, and the thighs remain juicy on the inside with a nice crispy crunch outside! I haven't tried this with other meats, but I have a feeling this will go great with pork as well!
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (depending on how much spice you like)
- salt & pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Combine cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Place chicken thighs on plate. Sprinkle liberally with the spice mixture. Make sure chicken thighs are all well-coated.
- Place chicken into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 8-10 hours (I like to let it marinade overnight).
- When you're ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken thighs in single layer on a baking tray.
- Spoon a drizzle of soy sauce (about 1 TSP) over each thigh.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked.
Amazing! I marinated for 7 hours instead of 8. I only made 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and used just slightly less than the spices called for. I used 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder. I loved eating this....the spices made the juicy inside pieces of chicken flavorful and fun to eat. I love heat and spice, so this was wonderful for me! Adjust the cayenne if you aren't into heat. I really enjoyed this different chicken recipe....thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe Kona K. Made as written, but changed the amount to 1 tbsp for the chili powder, as the one I use is hot. We really enjoyed this Hot n Spicy tender chicken. I marinaded for 5 hours, it was perfect for us. Made for Whats on the Menu? Tag Game 2015.
This recipe turned out perfectly as written -- my family has asked that I serve this again ASAP. A definite keeper!