1/1 Photo of Kona K's Healthy Oven-Baked Buttermilk Chicken Tenderloins
Kona K's Note:
A great recipe to try when you're in the mood for fried chicken, but can't afford all the calories and fat. If you're out of buttermilk, you can just substitute 1/4 C milk + 1 TSP vinegar. I like to spice this up by adding lots of hot sauce. If time allows, I would recommend soaking the chicken tenderloins in the buttermilk, garlic powder and hot sauce mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. This will make the chicken much more flavorful. (Picture: served with Kona K's Oven-Roasted Baby Potatoes Kona K's Oven-Baked Garlic Baby Potatoes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine buttermilk, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and hot sauce in shallow bowl. Stir well.
- 4Combine breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in another plate.
- 5Dunk chicken tenderloins in buttermilk mixture, then coat well with breadcrumb mixture.
- 6Spread tenderloins in single layer on baking tray.
- 7Drizzle with olive oil.
- 8Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kona K's Healthy Oven-Baked Buttermilk Chicken Tenderloins
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 333.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g