Recipe by Kona K
A great recipe to try when you're in the mood for fried chicken, but can't afford all the calories and fat. If you're out of buttermilk, you can just substitute 1/4 C milk + 1 TSP vinegar. I like to spice this up by adding lots of hot sauce. If time allows, I would recommend soaking the chicken tenderloins in the buttermilk, garlic powder and hot sauce mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. This will make the chicken much more flavorful. (Picture: served with Kona K's Oven-Roasted Baby Potatoes Kona K's Oven-Baked Garlic Baby Potatoes)
Top Review by Jennifer Wood
I thought the chicken had really good flavor. I used Panko crumbs and doubled the coating because I had a 1lb package of chicken tenderloins. Halfway through I had to mix up another double batch of breading because I ran out. I don't know if it's because of the Panko? The chicken was very moist. I will definately make this again.
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 lb chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine buttermilk, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and hot sauce in shallow bowl. Stir well.
- Combine breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in another plate.
- Dunk chicken tenderloins in buttermilk mixture, then coat well with breadcrumb mixture.
- Spread tenderloins in single layer on baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.