Recipe by Kona K
The sweet yet tangy cherry-apple sauce complements the pork very well. Fancy enough for company, but so simple and easy to make. Adapted from a Better Homes & Garden recipe.
- 4 pork chops, trimmed of all visible fat (approx. 1/2 inch thin)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup canned sweet cherries, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup apple, cored and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season each side of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Combine cranberry juice, Dijon mustard, corn starch, cherries and apples in a small pot. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the liquid is thick and simmering gently.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cook the pork chops over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through (make sure there's no pink). If the chops start to stick, use a little olive oil.
- To serve: spoon some of the cherry-apple glaze over each pork chop.