Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious treat for your dog on her birthday!! This recipe will make 2 8-inch cakes, perfect for a layer cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cooked canned chicken (should be shredded into tiny pieces)
- 4 -5 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter and olive oil in another bowl. Mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter and oil mixture. Stir until mixture if well-combined.
- Add shredded carrots and chicken to butter and oil mixture, and mix well.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture into the butter and oil mixture. Make sure everything is well-combined.
- Pour batter into 2 greased 8-inch round cake pans (should be about halfway full). Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Make sure you cook cakes well before frosting.
- To make frosting: Combine peanut butter, cream cheese and milk in bowl. Stir until everything well blended (or use hand mixer).
- Once cakes have sufficiently cooled, place one cake on a plate and frost the top.
- Place second cake on top of the first cake, and frost the top and sides.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits to decorate.