Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've tweaked several different bulgogi recipes to come up with this. The enoki mushrooms add a nice touch. You can in/decrease amount of garlic according to personal preference. NOTE -- if you want to halve this recipe, do not change the amount of sugar, vegetable oil, and sesame oil. The flavors become really off if you halve those ingredients.
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce (I use the low sodium version)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, finely sliced against grain
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups enoki mushrooms, cleaned
- Combine all ingredients except enoki mushrooms. Mix well and let marinate overnight in refrigerator (NOTE -- if you're short on time, you can skip this overnight step, but I would recommend marinating for at least 30 minutes).
- Grill beef over medium-high heat. You might want to add some vegetable oil to the pan to prevent beef from sticking.
- When beef is almost cooked, add the enoki mushrooms. You only want to cook the mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.