Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very easy & versatile recipe that I came up with one night when I was craving Chinese style beef with broccoli. I just threw in whatever veggies I could find in the fridge, so feel free to modify the recipe with the vegetables you have on hand. Also, the Mr. & I are garlic lovers, so please feel free to adjust the garlic according to your own personal tastes. You can adjust the amount of red pepper flakes depending on how much spice you like.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb boneless round steak, sliced thinly into 2-inch inch long strips
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- To make the sauce: combine the flour, beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, red pepper flakes & brown sugar in a small bowl. Whisk until well-mixed. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan. Add the garlic once the oil is hot, and let cook until golden-brown.
- Add the beef and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, or until the beef is halfway cooked.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds right before serving. I like to serve with white rice.