Recipe by Kona K
An easy way to spoil your doggie with a yummy dinner! I make this for my Yorkie a few times a week, and she loves it. This should be enough for 3 small dogs (under 10 lbs). Note -- Dogs should never be fed onions or garlic, so please make sure you don't add that to their food.
Top Review by breezermom
There is nothing I like better than making my biggest fans happy! So I happily make my dogs treats, dogsicles, etc. Kids have left for college and now married, so who else can I spoil?! My sweet fur babies loved this special dinner. Of course, they are smaller dogs (not really....very fat), so I will definitely get more than 3 servings from this recipe. I'll share more with them this weekend and then freeze some to break out for special occasions. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC 2011.
- 5 baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup cooked rice (brown or white, but I prefer brown)
- 4 -5 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooked peas
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in cold water, and bring to boil. Lower the heat to medium-high, and cook until carrots are tender.
- Remove carrots from water and mash.
- Add carrots to cooked rice, and combine well.
- Brown ground beef in saucepan. Add to carrot and rice mixture once it's been thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked peas and water, and stir well.
- If food is too clumpy, add more water.