Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Absolutely delicious banana bread!!! You can omit the salt if desired and it still tastes delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 6)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Toss together flour and baking soda.
- Add shortening, sugar, and salt.
- Add bananas, eggs and walnuts.
- Grease and flour 2 bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 70 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes, them turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
2/13/08 You will never find a moister banana bread! The color is a deep brown so it is as gorgeous as it tastes.
This particular "Kona Inn" recipe is the one I have used for over 15 years.
I make 4 mini loaves as gifts for teachers and friends.
My twist: I always add 1/2 C mini chocolate chips. Dried cranberries are good too!
4/13/2012 Edit to add: I do not use vegetable shortening. The version of Kona Inn Banana Bread that I use, calls for margarine or butter.
We enjoyed this banana bread & found it delicious
I've tried a lot of banana bread recipes over the years and this recipe is by far the best. My husband never really liked banana bread until I made this exact recipe. Don't skip on the amount of ripe bananas, it is what makes it SO INCREDIBLE.