Recipe by SweetAsPie
This is the signature recipe for a restaurant here that is located inside of our city's only 5-star hotel. It was published on the websites for several local news stations and is almost literally the talk of the town! If you're hoping for a strong coffee taste, this isn't it...but it is an absolutely scrumptious way to grill that will definitely impress your guests.
- 14 ounces sirloin steaks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup kona ground decaffeinated coffee
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lowry season salt
- 8 ounces salted butter
- 8 ounces shallots, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 ounce clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Coffee Rub:.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Shallot Butter:.
- Allow the whole butter to soften at room temperature.
- Warm a sauté pan over high heat. Add the clarified butter, heat to the smoke point and add the shallots.
- Caramelize the shallots for two minutes and season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Continue to caramelize the shallots and deglaze with 1 tablespoon of white wine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Combine shallot mixture and softened butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl and whip to incorporate.
- Roll the sirloin in the coffee rub pressing upon rub to create a "crust".
- Barbecue the sirloin to the desired temperature being careful not to burn the crust.
- Place the sirloin on a large plate and top with 2 tablespoons of shallot butter.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve immediately.