Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Specialty Recipe Courtesy Kiwi Gardens Bed and Breakfast, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Serving these in the coffee cups they were baked in lends both an elegant and whimsical touch to any meal.Kona is just the name of a coffe bean grown in Hawaii any strong pot of coffee will do even espresso if you like. Fire King cups are just heavy coffe mugs like the ones that come with sayings like "I love Mom". Just use good judgment and don't put delicate china that would crack with oven heat. The coffee/soup mugs from the dollar store will do fine. Note that if using very large mugs you will need to double the recipe in order to fill 9 cups.
- Blend margarine, sugar, and eggs until creamy.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder alternating with milk and cofee.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Spray 9"Fire-King" coffee cups with non stick pray or grease with butter.
- Fill 1/2 full with batter.
- Drop 1 teaspoon jam in center of each and add more batter to each cup, covering jam.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve cup with saucer.
The recipe calls for any type of Jam in the center, but I made a batch the other day and substituted Nutella hazelnut spread and it was great like that too!