Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe online using Kona coffee and posted by Jen93940. I haven't made it yet but am posting it for ZWT7. Times and servings are guesstimates.
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 onion, yellow, diced and caramelized
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups coffee, strong Kona coffee
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and reduce by 1/2.
- Using stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Cool and use as needed.
Very tasty BBQ sauce. Easy to make and I loved the well rounded flavor. I believe that the coffee gave it a depth that I haven;t found in other sauces. We used it on Brisket! Will make again....
I could eat this off of a spoon...So, I *might've* actually done that...This sauce is rich and sweet and has a wonderful blend of salty, savory and just a perfect hint of coffee! I used this to finish up some ribs after smoking them for several hours and having rubbed them with a Kona Coffee rub. I did add a fair bit of red chili flakes as we enjoy a bit of spice. DH also dipped his fries in the sauce and just kept "Mmmm"ing. I am looking forward to trying this on chicken as well.