Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different barbecued chicken recipe from Hawaii. If you don't have Kona coffee, you can use any strong brewed coffee. If you are buying Kona coffee, don't buy a Kona blend as there is little Kona coffee in a blend.
- 12 pieces skinless chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced finely
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brewed kona coffee
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add remaining ingredients in the above order, stirring to mix.
- Brush chicken pieces with sauce and barbecue over a medium hot fire.
- Turn and baste every 5 to 10 minutes until cooked through.