1/3 Photos of Kona Banana Cream Pie
Banana cream pie with the addition of coffee. Good stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Macadamia Nut Crust
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2Using the steel knife of a food processor, combine crust ingredients.
- 3Press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 6In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir together sugar, flour and salt.
- 7Add coffee and evaporated milk.
- 8Bring to a gentle boil, whisking frequently until mixture begins to thicken.
- 9In a small bowl, beat egg, milk and vanilla. Add 1/4 cup of the hot mixture to bowl, stirring constantly.
- 10Add egg mixture to the pan and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- 11Remove from heat and cool.
- 12Slice 1 banana into bottom of prepared crust.
- 13Pour half of cooled pudding mixture in crust, and top with another sliced banana and the remaining pudding.
- 14Slice the last banana on top and spread with whipped cream topping.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kona Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 217.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g