Recipe by entropyltd
This wonderful and easy recipe was given to me by my mother in law when she visited Hawaii in the 1940's.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 6 med. size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350, and prepare two greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans.
- Stir flour and salt together. In seperate bowl, mix shortening, sugar, mashed bananas and eggs. Fold in walnuts. Add dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake for 65 minutes (start checking at 45 min.) When done let them cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn the loaves on to cooling racks and allow them to thoroughly cool.