Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very light and easy soup. Super Hungarian and surprisingly good.
Make and share this Komenymagleves (Caraway Seed Soup With Dumplings) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a pan and add caraway seeds. Toast till they pop.
- Add flour and cook till it browns lightly to make a light roux. Add salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add water or stock, onion, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and then strain into a clean pot. Discard solids.
- Combine eggs, milk, and flour to make a thick batter for dumplings.
- Bring soup to a boil again. Drop the dough into the soup by the teaspoonful. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked.
- Serve hot.
My mother called it sick soup. I'm not sure if she made it exactly this way but it's very comforting.
I had this a lot after I gave birth. It's helps the baby and also with the milk production too! Made it with croutons.
mmmmmm tasty soup and those dumplings went well. i probably made them way too big since I don't still have the spoon drop skills yet (to make them small and nice looking), but was easy to make anyway. Don't know about it being good for tummy aches but i'll be making it again and who knows ;-)