Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Got this recipe from a couple people on Facebook. I combined them and wanted to save it to try. Size of batch depends on size of your scoby. I would recommend a size of one that would fit in a quart jar mouth.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
I love this face cream/cleanser! I made it with various oils but my favorite by far is coconut oil! After a little experimenting with this recipe I found that it works best with a scoby (kombucha culture) that is at least 1/2" thick and the size around of a gallon jar. I started off making it with the smaller one as described but found more scoby = more awesomeness! This removes makeup really really well! Leaves your face clean yet never dry. I didn't even need any additional moisturizer and I am in my mid 40's. Just used an eye cream. The essential oils in this are crucial as well as they are all extremely good for your skin. If anyone out here wants to try this and needs a scoby please feel free to message me. I will gladly and you one for the cost of shipping. I found this works equally well on your neck and décolletage too, I have even used this in the shower with a loofah. It works really well as a ores have treatment but be warned, it leaves your shower pretty slippery! Thank you for an amazing recipe! Love it!
- 1 kombucha, scoby
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil or 1⁄2 cup jojoba oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup kombucha tea
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 4 drops frankincense essential oils
- 4 drops lavender oil
Directions See How It's Made
- If using coconut oil, melt and then allow to cool to the touch, so that you can blend the rest of the ingredients into it.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, until applesauce consistency. Add enough tea to make it the right consistency.
- Cover face, avoiding eyes, and leave on for a few minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and a washcloth.
- Use once a night for drier skin, less often for oily skin.