Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy chicken pot pie. Deep dish pie crusts work better.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups vegetables, you can use canned with the liquid drained off (corn, peas, carrots)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
- 4 white potatoes, cubed small and cooked
- 2 pie crusts
- Melt butter in a pot and stir in flour to form a thick paste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cream and chicken broth. Cook on a simmer until thick.
- Add veggies, potatoes and chicken. Pour into pie crust, top with the other. Poke holes in the top to vent. Cook at 375 for 35 to 45 minutes.
- If you double the ingredients, you can make 3 pies or 2 really full ones.
Awesome recipe! Very filling