Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This basic Korean boiled soup is, according to Koreans, good for keeping you young and healthy. Full of vitamins and calcium, Kom Tang is great food after surgery or for pregnant woman. Normally used with Korean radish, daikon is easier to find. Feel free to use any pasta.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1 daikon radish, cut in half without top
- 1 large green onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 lb precooked Chinese egg noodles
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven, add 8 cups cold water, the beef cubes and the radish. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat and radish from the broth and skim off excess fat that has floated on the surface of the broth. Slice the meat into thin slices, cutting against the grain. Slice the radish into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Add the meat, radish and garlic to the broth. Bring back to a boil. Add noodles to broth.
- Cut green onion into rings. Check seasoning and garnish with green onions.