Kolokotes - Cypriot Pumpkin Pastries
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds and threads and cut it in small cubes of about 1 cm thick.
- Pound the almonds in a mortar and pestle. Place in a bowl and add all the other ingredients mix them. Set aside.
- To make pastry place the flour and salt in a food processor. Mix all the liquids and with the process running drizzle in the liquid until the pastry comes together.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and lightly knead for 2-3 minutes Cover with damp cloth and rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out and cut 10cm circles. Place some filling on pastry and fold over and crimp to seal.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes.