Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This came from a Grecian cookbook, and is an excellent recipe.
- 5 medium yelow squash, thinly sliced
- 3 large baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Arrange squash, potatoes and onions in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix the tomato sauce, oil and water; pour over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Then lower oven to 325°F; bake for an additional 45 minutes; removing foil the last 30 minutes and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm.
- Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated; warm through just before serving.