Recipe by Veganized
This is a traditional Danish summer dish. Some eat it for lunch/dinner, others eat it for dessert/snack. (you can drink it, too...) It's usually served with "kammejunkere" (a sort of crunchy vanilla biscuits) or fresh sliced strawberries. It's originally made with buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and lemon - but here is my vegan version... Enjoy
- 1 quart vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 5 tablespoons sugar (or to taste) or 1⁄3 teaspoon liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 6 -8 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 -8 ounces silken tofu (See note)
Directions See How It's Made
- *NOTE* - all kinds of silken tofu can be used. Just add more/less to adjust consistency.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender/food processor till creamy and foamy. Taste.
- Chill before serving (or add some ice cubes and blend again, if you're in a hurry -- )
- Variations: use orange juice, pineapple juice etc. instead of lemon juice (or use a combination). It's also great with frozen berries (add before blending).