Recipe by MoreWithLessMom
From Green Kitchen Stories: "Makes 2 liters (this is quite a large batch, but we thought it was better to make a lot, so you can stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the day)"
- 20 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 5 eggs
- 4 cups cultured buttermilk
- 4 cups yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 organic lemon, juice & zest
- 1 pint strawberries or 1 pint raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by mashing your pitted dates with a fork until sticky.
- Beat the eggs and mix them with the date mash (this is to prevent your blender from overheating).
- Then place the mixture in a blender and pulse a few times.
- Add milk, yogurt, vanilla and lemon and blend on high speed, until light and frothy.
- Serve chilled, in bowls with slices of strawberries and raspberries.
- Top with a few elderflowers, if you can still find them.