Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are delicate cookies,they have a rich cream cheese crust and a jam filling. Much like a minature turnover or crescent.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- jarred jam or jelly
- preheat oven 375.
- Cream together butter and cheese,and sugar.
- Add in your flour,mell until everything is binded.Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on very lightly floured surface,adding flour when needed. Roll out about 3/4 inch thick. Cut out small circular cut outs about 2 1/2 -3 inch in diameter.
- Place circle onto ungreased pan.
- dot each circle in center with a small amount of desired filling. Clamp edges together,keeping in mind this is a crescent shaped cookie. Bake 375 10-12 minutes.
- While still warm dust with powdered sugar.
- Cookies can be frozen,just follow above directions leaving out the powdered sugar step.Let cookies cool.
- Place in cookie tins with wax paper seperating them. Cookies can be frozen up to 2 months. Possibly longer if needed. Then thaw out at room temp making sure cookies don't touch. And dust with powdered sugar.
These are DH's favorite type of cookie so I was so happy to find a recipe for them. I used strawberry filling as that is what he likes.
Farah these were soo good, The only problem I had was I rolled them a little thick, have to practice,hehe dh really liked them, his mom use to make these cookies. I used apricot filling and the kids liked them too.. Can't wait to make these too for our holiday baskets.. Thank you for such a great recipe and one that will be used again and again. Loved them, thank you. :)