Recipe by mommyoffour
I have been eating these since I was a kid. My granny made all different kinds. My favorite was poppyseed, but I liked them all.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- fruit filling, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend margarine, cream cheese, powdered sugar, sugar and egg yolks.
- Add baking powder and flour.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper until thin.
- Cut in 3 inch squares.
- Place 1 T. filling in center of square.
- Fold two opposite corners of square to the center, leaving other ends open.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 10 to 15 minutes in a 350 oven.