Recipe by andypandy
This is a Czech recipe which I received in (1965) high school from my polish girlfriend. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup room temperature butter (or Margarine)
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 whole beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl beat cream cheese and butter smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, a portion at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients, until a dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate at least three hours.
- (this is for easier rolling.) On a floured lightly surface, roll out one quarter of the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out circles with a cutter or floured glass.
- Make a small indent with your finger in the centre of each round and place 1/4 tsp of cherry preserves (too much filling will make these spill over while baking).
- Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden at 375 degrees F.
- Remove to cooling rack.