Recipe by JenniferK2
This recipe came from my grandma's next door neighbor. You can use whatever filling you like, my favorite is apricot, so that it what I listed in the ingredients.
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces apricot filling
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar and eggs; beat until light and smooth.
- Mix in salt and baking soda.
- Add flour a little at a time while mixing; blend well. Dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Roll out as for pie crust.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
- Fill with apricot filling (or your choice of filling).
- Fold 2 opposite corners together and pinch closed.
- Bake in 350° oven 15-20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.