Top Review by Cathy aycock
these taste really good my grandmother who was from poland taught my mom how to make them for me and my sister and my dad.... and itstead of dusting them with powdered sugar used to roll them out and the sprinkle granulated sugar on the backside of the dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fruit filling
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricot, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- On the down side, they do require advanced preparation (overnight is best).
- Included are a couple of filling recipes, but a can of pre-made will work too. (Apricot is best) When rolling out dough, try to keep it as chilled as possible.
- To cream the cottage cheese, it helps if you have a food processor or blender, but a fork and a strong arm will do in a pinch.
- Mix ingredients and chill at least 6 hours.
- Roll to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut into 2 or 3 inch squares, and place filling or preserves in center of square.
- Bring corners over filling and seal together.
- Bake at 350 - 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and dust with powdered sugar.
- Pineapple Filling: Combine ingredients in sauce pan, cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Apricot Filling: Simmer apricot 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add butter and cinnamon.