Recipe by carebear68
These are my favorite cookies. This is my Grandma's recipe
Top Review by Oh!Susannah
Like the previous reviewer I, too, had to add quite a bit of extra flour to make the dough firm enough to roll out. Perhaps because of the extra flour, I thought the cookie part was rather dry and doughy. I shared them with my husband and with a neighbor. They both agreed with my assessment of the dough, but they did think the cookies were good overall.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 (12 ounce) cans pie filling (apricot is especially good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, cream cheese, milk, with the yolk and sugar.
- Add flour.
- Mix well.
- Chill dough for 15-20 minute.
- Roll dough on a floured board, or cloth.
- Cut with a round or square cutter. (the top of a glass or cup works fine, flour the rim of the glass/cup first).
- Place a tablespoon of pie filling in the center, of the pastry and pinch two sides together.
- Bake at 400 for 10-14.
- After cookies cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.