Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request...I've not made this myself, but it sounds pretty good, and easy, too!
- Place chicken in pot, cover with water and bring to boil removing any scum from the top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook till tender-remove when cooked through, and reserve liquid to cook rice in.
- When chicken is cooked, melt butter in a metal baking pan, and fry the finely chopped onion till transparent.
- Add the rice and fry it for a minute, being careful not to burn it.
- Add 6- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock and bring to the boil--you may want to use the liquid that you boiled the chicken in.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice.
- You can also place a couple of tomatoes cut in half with the cut side up in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and rice is tender.