Recipe by Kefalonitissa
This is one of my best recipes and my ex-husband was actually hesitant (just a little, the miscreant--George, I know you will probably read this trying to steal my recipes, so relax...we need some entertainment value here)to leave me due to the fact that no other woman could make this like moi.
Top Review by regandanielle20
It's definitely a hit with my hubby and I. The only thing I changed was I put it in the slow cooker after I sautéed everything. And then continued to follow instructions. It cooked all day while I was at work and it came out pretty good, the meat just fell apart and the flavored blended nicely. I will have to add a little more salt next time. Oh and I added 5 whole cloves instead of 3-4.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless beef cube, for stew (preferably chuck)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 -4 whole cloves
- 3 -4 dashes cinnamon
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Brown the beef cubes on all sides and season with salt.
- Add the onion, garlic, and parsley to the beef and sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they release some juice for a minute or two.
- Add the cloves and cinnamon and stir.
- Add the two cans of tomato sauce.
- Then take one of the emptied cans and fill it with water. Add two can-fulls of water.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat and cover. Let it simmer for 2 and a half hours or until meat is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with thin spaghetti or egg noodles and top with grated cheese.