Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Gourmet Traveller magazine. This salad should have a balance of sweet, salty and sour.
- 5 kohlrabi, about 1 . 2 kgs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Peel kohlrabi with a sharp knife until white flesh is revealed.
- Using a mandolin, slice into 2mm slices, then cut into matchsticks.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and 1 tsp sea salt in a large bowl.
- Adjust seasoning to taste .
A nice crisp salad with a nice Asian flavor, having never had kohlrabi before was not sure what to expect. DH really enjoyed the light delicate tasty of this. I made as written just cutting down to 1/4 of recipe which was plenty as a side for DH and I. Thanks for the post.
We enjoyed thiis Kate. I think (after eating kohlrabi for the first time) that it's more about texture than taste and daikon radish, green papaya or even broccoli stem could be substituted with good results. The recipe was simple and quick and made a good side for ur Chilli Beef tonight. Thanks for posting.