1/4 Photos of Kohlrabi Rice
believe it or not, this is the ONLY way how we eat kohlrabi in iraq ! my family really likes this recipe so every year in kohlrabi season i do the recipe at least once.the recipe calls for cubed lamb meat but you can use ground beef meat instead, although i prefer the 1st choice beause it is so much tastier with lamb meat(small cubes not ground), and since there are no fixed measurements in iraqi cooking i will give you approximate measures to this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml corn oil or 29.58 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml peeled cubed kohlrabi (small cubes)
- 236.59 ml cubed lamb (small cubes)
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml gorund black pepper
- 354.88-473.18 ml cooked basmati rice
- 7.39-14.79 ml ground dried limes (sour in taste, black in color)
- 1heat the oil in medium pot, fry the onion in the hot oil till tender, add meat cubes and cook on high heat until the meat changes its color, add the kohlrabi cubes and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- 2add water to the pot until it is 1/2 inch over the mixture and let it boil till the meat and kohlrabi is tender, add spices and salt and the ground lime to your preference.
- 3let the mixture on heat until all the liquids are almost gone(we need a little moisture to incorporate the mixture with the cooked rice).
- 4remove the pot from fire and add the rice gradually to the meat and kohlrabi mixture and mix them together until they are well incorporated.
- 5serve hot, enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kohlrabi Rice
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: