Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a favorite German dish frequently served with roast turkey ,spareribs and sausages. In the old days large helpings sometimes constituted the entire main course of a meal.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄2 lb fat pork
- salt and pepper
- Put vinegar,sugar and butter in a good sized pot.
- Add cabbage,salt and pepper.
- Cook on top of stove abou 3/4 of an hour until cabbage is tender.
Oh my have to say im sorry for never posting a review on this,was doing a cookbook here on cole slaws and saw this and thought I posted.I made this and loved the taste the brown sugar gave,great recipe.