Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I learnt to cook rustic dishes from Cyprus, (which I still make today). Here is my ex MIL's recipe for Kofte which I serve in pita bread and a salad.
- 680.38 g lean ground lamb (or beef)
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 236.59 ml white breadcrumb
- 14.79 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint, finely chopped (or 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried mint)
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and lightly combine mixture. Set aside in the fridge for the flavors to meld at least 2 to 4 hours.
- Form the mixture into balls then roll between your palms into sausage shapes.
- Add a little olive oil on a cookie sheet covered with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until Kofte is cooked through.
- Serve with pita bread and a salad.