1/1 Photo of Kofte & Chorizo Stew (Moroccan)
1 hr 20 mins
A tasty Moroccan casserole/stew, perfect served with fluffy, garlic buttered rice (see my other recipes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g mincemeat (lamb, beef, turkey .. the chefs preference)
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 red chili peppers, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon shwartz crushed chile
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or 2 ground fresh cloves
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, half chopped, half whole (aka cilantro)
- 1 egg
- 250 g chorizo cooking sausage, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 800 g chopped tomatoes (approx 2 tins)
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1To make the Kefta (meatballs): Add the mince to a bowl and kneed through. Then add onion, chilli, spices and the chopped coriander leaves, mix together well.
- 2Add the egg and season well, then combine everything with clean hands.
- 3Form into small meatballs, any size you prefer but about an inch works well.
- 4To make the stew: Fry the meatballs and chopped chorizo in a large frying pan with a little oil until browned all over (you may need to do this in batches). Scoop out and set aside.
- 5Add the harissa paste to the pan and cook for a minute.
- 6Add the tomatoes and chicken stock then stir in the cinnamon. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 7Now you can return the meatballs and chorizo to the pan and simmer everything for another 20 minutes, until cooked.
- 8Stir through the rest of the coriander to finish.
- 9The sauce should thicken slightly once served.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kofte & Chorizo Stew (Moroccan)
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 408.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: