Recipe by Sassy Syrah
I have been making these for a while now. They are very simple to pull together and I can imagine if you made them smaller they would be nice appetizers on toothpicks. Serve with a yoghurty, garlicy, herby dipping sauce like #93230
Top Review by SuperKat
Sooooo disappointed! I was really looking forward to these koftas and enjoyed preparing them and adding my own couple of twists (more cumin, a quarter tsp of cinnamon, 2 sauted shallots)......... And they came out tasting?...... Bland, bland, bland. Even pitta breads roasted tomatoes and a large dollop of tzaitzi couldn't help....... Maybe I'll add some chilli flakes and take these down a more Moroccan route?
- 500 g lamb mince or 500 g beef mince
- 1 purple shallot, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Saute the shallot over a low heat in the olive oil.
- Add the pine nuts and cook until they get a little colour.
- Add parsley and remove from heat.
- Combine the mince with the paprika and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You will need your hands to do this.
- Take a small tbs of mince.
- Flatten it in your hands.
- Place a tsp of the pine nuts in the centre of the mince and curl your hands around it into form a ball.
- Make sure the nuts are covered.
- Bake in an baking dish, on top of a rack for 30 minutes.