Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderful on the outdoor grill, indoor grill, oven.... even stove top grill pan. A nice garlicky cucumber salad goes wonderfully with this. My kids love this dish... after all it is food on a stick. You can always make these ahead of time and freeze raw... and grill from frozen ( you will need to adjust cooking time for this).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced (you can sub with dry onion)
- skewer (as needed)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate till needed.
- mix kofta ingredients together (except for skewers).
- shape kofta into fingers ( 3/4 inch thick, 3 inch long).
- and then place on skewer.
- brush the marinade all over the kofta.
- allow to sit refrigerated for at least 30min.
- grill for 5 min a side on med-low (adjust temp and time according to the strength of ur grill).
We had these for dinner last night and everyone loved them. We cooked them on an outdoor grill and the kofta came out deliciously moist. Also, the marinade is fantastic -- we'd never had anything like it before and it flavored the meat wonderfully. It's definitely a recipe I'll be making again. I took your suggestion and made a garlicky cucumber salad, Recipe#50548, to go along with this. Thanks for posting!