Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a lovely recipe from Ainsley Harriot. It's very quick and has a great fresh flavour. With just 15 mins preparation, this is my kind of cooking! I don't like rosemary so I just leave it out or use fresh coriander instead.
- 450 g ground lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
FOR THE CHILLI-YOGURT
- 300 g Greek yogurt
- 3 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the grill to high; Mix together the lamb, onion, herbs and spices and season with salt and pepper; Divide the mixture into four and squeeze it around skewers to form long sausage shapes.
- Grill the kofta kebabs for 10-12 minutes, turning ocasionally until well browned but still a little pink in the centre.
- Make the dip by combining the yoghurt, chillies, coriander, garlic, lime juice and sugar and season to taste.
- Briefly warm the tortillas for a few seconds on each side in a dry, non-stick frying pan, or about 10 seconds in a microwave, to make them soft; Place a kebab in the centre of each tortilla, pulling it off the skewer; Scatter over the onion rings, drizzle over the chilli-yoghurt and serve.