Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am posting this for the ZWT 2006. The recipe calls for extra finely ground beef. Ask your butcher or the meat department to run the beef through the grinder one or two extra times. It makes a difference in the recipe - the meat will be smooth and soft. It is best to cook these on flat skewers, not round. They can be baked in the oven or on the grill. This is thanks to the About Web site.
- Place Onion and Parsley in food processor, blend till finely chopped then add beef.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and place five balls onto a skewer.
- Shape the meat into a cigar shape on the skewer.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or if grilling, grill for 20-25 minutes or until done. Serve with white rice if desired.
- Or you can serve on a flatbread or pita bread, without skewers of course. If you really wanna get fancy use a hotdog bun.
Fabulous! I did not use the skewers like Stacky5. The meat came out so juice and tasty. Thank you very much for this outstanding recipe. I must at our table from now on.
Wonderful dish!! I must say I was nervous that they would fall apart without the addition of eggs, but they held together beautifully! Thanks for another yummy recipe!
Delicious!!! I baked them as small loaves because I don't have skewers for grilling. So I ended up baking them for a total of 55 minutes because I made the cigar-shapes slightly larger for larger portions. So simple to make, yet so GOOD! My kids DO NOT like meatloaf, so I was totally shocked when they loved this recipe! "No fillers" seems to be what they prefer -- I have no leftovers to take to work tomorrow! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe, and for broadening our horizons past the "egg and bread crumb stage" of our lives! :)