Kofta Curry - the Yorkshire Way
- Get a heavy based large saucepan and melt the ghee.
- Fry the onions in the ghee with the ginger until softened, then add the garlic and chopped chilies and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the powders and spices, except the vegetable stock cubes, and then stir and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and then the potatoes, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the Koftas, along with the bay leaves and 250ml of boiling water, containing the 2 stock cubes.
- Leave to simmer with a lid on the pan, until the potatoes are cooked - I'd recommend approx 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt.
- Serve with Roti or Chapatti, and a glass of strong red wine.