1/4 Photos of Kofta Curry
1 hr 10 mins
A really lovely meal that we discovered. It is so easy to make and tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 500 g ground beef
- 15 g ghee or 15 g oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup peeled tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1Place the grated onion and 1 teaspoon of the ginger in a mixing bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, the egg and 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint.
- 2Leave for 5 minutes then add the beef and mix thoroughly.
- 3Stand for 15 minutes and mix again, then shape into balls the size of a walnut.
- 4Heat the ghee in a saucepan and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- 5Remove to a plate, leaving the oil in the pan.
- 6Reduce the heat, add the onion and cook gently until soft.
- 7Add the garlic, the remaining ginger and curry powder, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in the tomatoes and stock, return the meatballs, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the meatballs are tender and the sauce is thick.
- 9Stir in the remaining garam masala and fresh mint.
- 10Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 11Serve with boiled rice; yoghurt mixed with chopped mint, crushed garlic and sliced cucumber; banana slices mixed with coconut, and sliced tomatoes mixed with chopped spring onions (scallions) and a little vinegar.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kofta Curry
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 168.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g