Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe. - Potato balls in gravy.
- 1⁄4 cup cheese (grated)
- 1 medium tomatoes (deseeded & chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red chile (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons frying oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 medium onions (grated)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 bunches spinach (blanched & pureed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 3 -4 medium potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3 -4 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Take mashed potatoes in a bowl, add salt, half the chopped coriander leaves, half the chopped green chillies, cornstarch and mix well.
- Make eight equal sized balls and keep aside. For stuffing mix grated cheese, chopped tomato, salt and crushed red chillies.
- Make eight equal sized balls. Stuff the cheese mixture into the potato balls and roll to seal the stuffing.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the koftas till golden.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, grated onions, chopped garlic and sauté till it starts to change the colour.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, remaining chopped green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder and sauté.
- Add a little water and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add spinach puree, lemon juice and mix well. Add cream and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Slice the koftas into two.
- To serve pour gravy in a plate and place the koftas over it.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves.