Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious kofta recipe from my great-aunt Olive who was an excellent cook.
- 1⁄2 kg fine hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, powdered
- 4 garlic cloves, ground
- 8 peppercorns, powdered
- 6 ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, powdered
- mint leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced fine
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- Mix hamburger and spices well and form into 15 balls.
- Brown onions in oil.
- Add ground masala add 1/2 cup water and simmer 20 minutes till raw smell of spice.
- disappears and oil floats on top.
- Add tomatoe and fry till oil floats on top.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water and when it comes to a boil drop meat balls in and let simmer for
- 35 minutes until gravy thickens and oil floats on top.