1 hr 20 mins
This is a delicious vegetarian recipe for vegetarian kofta!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced fine
- 3 celery hearts, diced fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green chilies, minced fine
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup lentils
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts, chopped fine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3 curry leaves
- 1Heat oil in a sauté pan and fry vegetables, garlic and spices for 4 minutes.
- 2Add your cooked lentils, tomato juice and water and simmer until lentils are cooked.
- 3Drain vegetables.
- 4Process vegetable/lentil mixture just a bit to make a chunky paste (do not make a smooth dry paste) and combine with finely chopped peanuts, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- 5Form into balls about the size of a golf ball, and bake in your oven at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- 6In the meantime make your sauce:.
- 7Gently heat yogurt and buttermilk in a pan.
- 8Grind coriander, cumin, channa dal, fenugreek seeds, turmeric and dried coconut in a coffee grinder or spice grinder.
- 9Add the ground mixture to the yogurt.
- 10Then add ginger and chilies.
- 11Next add salt to taste.
- 12Adjust spices as necessary.
- 13Now heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in another pan and add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds and 5 curry leaves, cooking until the seeds pop.
- 14When kofta is done, gently add to sauce.
- 15Add the oil to your curry mixture and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kofta Curry
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.7
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 574.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: