Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rice is served at Boma in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup Spanish onion
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup grated sweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1. Place oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and onions for one minute.
- 2. Add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil. Add water and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Add coconut milk, stir, and cover. Lower heat to a simmer. Let cook for 15 minutes undisturbed.
- 4. Remove lid and add reminder of ingredients except for the cilantro. Fluff and mix with a fork quickly. If rice looks too dry, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- 5. Replace lid and let simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes. Fluff rice gently, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with cilantro and serve.