Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Clipped from the AJC, this recipe is from Mosaic restaurant in Atlanta. It is unique in that the sliders have a soy ginger glaze, a soy ginger mayo, and they are served on Hawaiian rolls with a bit of melted brie. YUM. Great party fare!
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 green onions, chopped (white part only)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb ground beef, high quality (such as Kobe)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 green onions, chopped, green part only
- 12 hawaiian rolls, sliced in half
- 12 slices triple-cream brie cheese (sliced very thin)
- To prepare the glaze: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine soy sauce, sugar, lemon, lime, orange and pineapple juices, ginger and the white parts of the 3 green onions. Cook until mixture is reduced by half. When a spoon is dipped into he mixture, it should coat the spoon. Strain the liquid and discard the solids. Makes 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- To prepare the soy-ginger mayo: In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the prepared glaze, above. Chill.
- To prepare the sliders: In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, 1 tablespoon of the prepared soy ginger glaze (above), onion powder, garlic powder, curry powder, cumin and the green parts of the 3 green onions. Form the beef into 12 patties. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Preheat the grill or a griddle.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls, cut side up, on a serving platter and dress with a teaspoon os the soy ginger mayo. Place the top half of the rolls, cut side up, on a baking sheet and top with the cheese slices. heat in the oven until the cheese is softened, about 5 minutes. meanwhile, grill or sear the patties until they reach the desired doneness. Place the patties on the bottom half of the buns, brush with soy ginger glaze and top with the other half of the bun and serve.